Each year time seems to fly by, faster and faster. Really makes me want start living even more. Feels just like yesterday that I started kayaking and fell in love with the sport. Now, this lifestyle that I have fallen in love with consumes me and everything that’s intertwined in this lifestyle defines who I am as a person. Yes there are doubts, ups and downs, good days and bad days, but overall, life is pretty damn good.
2011 was full of accomplishments, memories, new experiences, and of course, mistakes. I think most of my friends would agree that I’m crazy. And don’t worry, I’m ok with that. Well, every year at about this time I start reflecting on the current year and start looking forward to the next. I start thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2012, goals I can achieve, mistakes I don’t want to make again, and so on. I think they call those New Year resolutions, right?
Since this is a whitewater blog, I won’t get all wishey washy on you guys so let’s focus on our whitewater goals for 2012.
Here are some of mine:
1. Have another 200+day year on the water
2. Progress and innovate on the stand up paddle board
3. Go back to Peru and not get my ass kicked
4. Grand Canyon round 3
5. The Box Canyon on the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone (miss this trip every year!)
6. Annual high water Selway Run
7. Learn 4 new freestyle kayak moves
8. More multi-day trips with my lady
9. More self-support trips
10. Scare myself at least 10 times
I know 2012 is going to be the best year ever, on and off the water? What are you whitewater resolutions for 2012??