Dates: June 1-4
Location: Blackfoot & Clark Fork Rivers
The ZTS Whitewater Rafting Guide School is designed for participants who have caught the “river bug” and want to take that excitement to the next level. During this 4 day course, participants will gain the skills needed to work as a professional river guide. ZTS provides a fun, safe, learning environment for all participants where challenge by choice is encouraged. Our curriculum enables participants to stretch their comfort zone and grow as whitewater boaters. All of our whitewater rafting guide school instructors are professional river guides with swift water rescue training and extensive experience guiding both locally and internationally. In order to maximize the student training experience, ZTS maintains a 4:1 student to ratio or lower.
Whitewater Guide School not only teaches fundamental river skills, but it also provides participants with an opportunity to build skills in teamwork, self-confidence, leadership, and communication. ZTS instructors ensure that every student has a fun and positive experience and comes away with a greater appreciate for the river environment.
We also offer private instruction tailored to your goals and interest on a daily basis from April – September.
- All instructors have whitewater rescue training and extensive guiding experience
- Fun, experiential, hands-on learning
- Course is ideal for participants who want to work as a whitewater professional
- Location depends on river conditions/goals
- Participants not guaranteed a spot on ZTS staff
- Private courses available for groups/companies
- Class II-III whitewater
What You Bring
- Personal river gear (PFD, Helmet at a minimum)
- Dry suit with Synthetic layers OR Full wetsuit
- Closed toed river shoes or booties
- Reusable water bottle
- Dry clothes
What We Provide
- All necessary whitewater equipment