Dates: April – October
Location: Blackfoot and Clark Fork Rivers
Trip Cost: $375
Boat Rental: $75 per day (if necessary)
We know everyone has a different reason for taking a river training course. Our instructors want to ensure that you’re not just receiving quality training, but helping you grow as a whitewater boater. Increase your confidence and skills with customized, private instruction tailored to your goals and interest. Our professional team of instructors have diverse backgrounds running both private and commercial trips.
While our main objective is to teach you how to safely navigate your own craft down the river, other topics might include: boat rigging, equipment overview, river hydrology, essential whitewater rescue techniques, rope techniques, trailer safety and river etiquette.
- Private Instructional courses for aspiring private boaters. No experience required.
- All instructors have whitewater rescue training and extensive guiding experience
- Fun, experiential, hands on learning
- Bring your own boat or rent one from us
- Course itineraries for one and two days available
- Location depends on river conditions/goals
What You Bring
- Personal boat
- Personal river gear (PFD, Helmet at a minimum)
- Dry suit with Synthetic layers OR Full wetsuit
- Closed toed river shoes or booties
- Reusable water bottle
- Dry clothes
What We Provide
- Boat (if renting from ZTS) and all necessary whitewater equipment