12 and up (call for more details)
Kayaking Missoula is a great way to discover the beauty of Montana’s mountains and rivers from the seat of a kayak. We can’t think of a better way for anyone to cool off on a hot summer day than joining us on a guided kayaking tour. The Blackfoot and Clark Fork Rivers both offer multiple options regardless of your ability level. Guided kayaking tours are perfect if you want an independent adventure but are worried about whitewater kayaking (nervous about being upside down in a boat, unable to commit to a full intro to kayaking course, etc.).
Sit-on-top kayaks are super fun: they’re easy to maneuver, stable, and forgiving. Should you tip over, it’s easy to recover and get ‘back on the horse’. You just climb back on and keep cruising downstream! Whether you’re a first time paddler or veteran on the water, our guided scenic kayaking tours offer something for all ability levels.
We also offer a variety of whitewater kayak tours and lessons.
- We offer 3 different kayaking tours (Missoula, Blackfoot, Tarkio)
- Scenic kayaking tours leave at 10:00, 1:30, and 4:00 daily
- Guided scenic kayak tours require no experience
- You’ll run class I and II water, which is mellow and splashy
- We provide all necessary equipment
- Each kayaking tour is about 2 hours on the water
- Kayaking tours average 4 miles in length
What You Bring
- Sturdy footwear (anything but flip-flops!)
- Quick-drying or breathable clothing (no cotton!)
- Dry clothes
- Reusable water bottle
What We Provide
- SUP board
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Wetsuit (if needed)
- Splash jacket
- Booties (if needed)