RECIPE FOR YOUR NEXT COLD-WEATHER RIVER TRIP: WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
It’s easy, it’s a hot dish, and anything tastes good after a cold day on the water.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped)
- 3 cans great northern beans (14.5oz each)
- 2 cans chicken broth (14oz each)
- 1 can chopped green chilis (4oz)
- 1 cup shredded Pepperjack cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- Some garlic, some olive oil, and whatever is in your spice kit!
Directions, sort of
- In a dutch oven or large pot on medium heat, cook chicken and onion until lightly browned. Add garlic, spices, green chilis and broth. Bring to boil, then simmer.
- Mash 1 can of beans and add it to the mix. Stir it up, throw in the other 2 cans of beans, and let the whole dish sit on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with lots of cheese & diced jalapeno and enjoy!
- Add bouillon cubes or your own homemade bone broth for a lil’ extra flavor/texture.
- Make dutch oven cornbread (store-bought or home recipe.) Toss in some green chilis and cheddar cheese and you might convince your pals you know how to cook!
Other cold-weather meal ideas:
- Posole (if you’re seeking a more involved prep & quality meal)
- Mac & cheese w/ bratwursts (if you would rather sit by the fire and drink a beer)