Full Day: US $225
*please call to schedule a private lesson
River Surfing Missoula! The River Surf/Rafting combo combines two of our favorite activities: whitewater rafting and river surfing. The whitewater rafting portion of the trip takes place on our most popular section of river, the Alberton Gorge on the Clark Fork River. We will gear up at our shop, do a quick safety talk and overview, and launch at the Cyr put in. After rafting, we will suit up and go shred on of our local surf spots.
River surfing can be challenging for first time river users and our surf instructors understand that everyone has a unique learning style. We start each trip with an equipment overview, and work with you to assess your skills and create a trip specifically tailored to your needs and goals as a river surfer. There are many similarities between ocean surfing and river surfing, but swimming in rapids and understanding river hydrology and awareness are nothing like the ocean. The etiquette is different as well. (No sharks in the river!)
A delicious riverside lunch is served with every surf/raft combo trip.
Our surf destinations are flexible and our decisions are based on river conditions, your ability level, and your unique goals. River surfing in Missoula and whitewater rafting are 2 of the best ways to get out and explore our local rivers if you are up for an adventure!
- Our River Surf Safaris run with a maximum of four participants
- Expect to enjoy lots of swimming!
- You must be in good physical condition
- All trips are complete with riverside lunch
- Surf Safari availability/age limits depend on river levels and conditions
- Expect a full day on the river (5-6 hours)
What You Bring
- Sturdy footwear (Chaco, Keen-style sandals, or old tennis shoes. Anything but flip-flops!)
- Quick-drying or breathable clothing (no cotton!)
- Dry clothes for after
- Reusable water bottle
- Towel for changing
- Extra cash for tip and merchandise
What We Provide
- Surfboard (foamies for beginners)
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Quick release leash
- Surf instructor/guide