It wasn’t until very recently that Missoula, Montana became a true destination town for visitors from across the globe. As river rafting guides, we seemed to always ask the question “where are you going to next?” A large percentage of our guests are now choosing to spend their whole Montana vacation here in Missoula. With easy access to some of the best rivers, trails and breweries in the nation, it makes total sense why.
The Clark Fork River, which runs right through downtown Missoula is a major draw for visitors during the hot summer months. Taking a scenic or whitewater rafting trip is a great way to disconnect and spend some stress-free time with your family and friends. Adventure, relaxation, delicious food… A rafting trip has it all!
- There are a variety of rivers and raft trips to choose from: Blackfoot, Clark Fork, and Bitterroot Rivers all converge in the Missoula Valley.
- Fun, splashy, family-style rapids that are enjoyable for all ages and ability levels. Grandma, we have you covered!
- If your kids or other family members misbehave, you can just throw them in the river.
- Your guides can take some epic photos that are social media worthy and will certainly get some thumbs up from your friends and family.
- Great opportunity to meet other interesting and friendly folks vacationing in Missoula. Dinner plans anyone?
- You will laugh, scream, and possibly tear up through some exciting rapids.
- Your guides do all of the work. All you have to do is show up!
- Cliff jumping and swimming through rapids are exciting and a great way to cool off.
- River guides are some of the most interesting people you will ever meet and tell great stories!
- Riverside lunches are delicious and amazing.
- Different perspective of the local area from the seat of a raft.
- Guides are local Missoula experts and you can get insider tips on where to eat and drink.
- Rafting is relatively affordable compared to other adventure activities.
- Great way to disconnect from screen time.
- If your doing a whitewater rafting trip, the outcome is always a bit uncertain!