Full Day: $120 per person
*price does not include 3% US Forest Service use fee
In an attempt to try and disconnect from the daily task and distractions of everyday life, we keep things simple down here. We offer one trip, at the same time, every single day that we run the river. The standard Lochsa run is from Nine Mile to Knife Edge – 20 miles of action-packed whitewater. At the put-in, we will gear up, listen to an in-depth safety orientation, and paddle downstream for ten miles, tackling rapids with names like County Corner, Christmas, and Ten Pin Alley. We will then enjoy a freshly prepared riverside lunch at our Riley Flats Camp. Once you’re all fueled up, it’s time to get back in the raft and crush the big waves and holes that are waiting for you downstream. Rapids like House, Bloody Mary, Grim Reaper, Lochsa Falls and Termination will leave you dreaming of Lochsa whitewater for the rest of the summer!
Our Lochsa guides are seasoned veterans, many of whom have been guiding on the river for over 10 years. We know the river inside and out. We respect it. We love it! Our professional guides will enhance your whitewater experience while maintaining the overall safety of your trip.
Are YOU ready to crush some whitewater?
- The Lochsa is a designated Wild and Scenic River.
- You’ll crush 20 miles of Class III-IV whitewater.
- Higher flows are between mid April through the end of May.
- You must be in good physical shape and have ability to self-rescue during high water.
- Variable factors affect river levels and the length of Lochsa season.
- We only use top-notch equipment.
- Your trip includes a homemade riverside lunch.
- Our minimum age requirement depends on river levels and your prior experience.
- Our trips meet at Ryan’s Wilderness Inn at HWY 12, mile 97.5.
- We operate on Pacific Standard Time!
- In general, the bigger the group, the bigger your discount! Book 11 or more people, and we’ll take 10% off. We also offer 10% discounts for all veterans and active service members.
What You Bring
- Non-bulky, quick-drying or breathable clothing (No cotton!)
- Dry clothes for after
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for tip and merchandise
- Neoprene gloves (can buy cheap at any sports store)
- Drysuit rentals available for extra $$
What We Provide
- Splash jacket
- Neoprene coat
- Hot lunch