$60 – $125
6 (age requirement is dependent on water levels)
Whitewater rafting Missoula! If your looking for whitewater rafting in Missoula, Montana, raft with Zoo Town Surfers. Zoo Town Surfers gets you into some of the best white water rafting Missoula, Montana and Idaho has to offer. Here at Zoo Town Surfers we offer custom trips large and small, matched to your group’s preferences and sense of adventure. Our professional guides focus on the details, giving you the personalized attention you deserve and expect from a local company. We are a family of dedicated river enthusiasts whose goal is to share our love of wild river and beautiful places with our guests.
The Alberton Gorge of the Clark Fork River offers the best white water rafting just 30 minutes west of Missoula, MT. In early spring, the Alberton Gorge is a big water river rafting trip. The Clark Fork River is the largest river by volume in Montana and it feels like it every spring with big hydraulics, whirlpools, and crashing waves. The gorge is lined with spectacular canyon walls, raptors, wildlife, and incredible whitewater rapids.
The whitewater rafting on the Alberton Gorge is the best section of whitewater in Western Montana. Even in late August, the Alberton Gorge still provides plenty of excitement and splashy whitewater for folks looking for an adventure. Cliffside 1, Davey Jones’s Locker, Wave Zero, Split Rock, Tumbleweed, Surfer Joe’s, Roller Coaster, and Fang are just a few of the legendary rapids we enjoy all summer long.
Our headquarters, Crystal Springs, overlooks the Alberton Gorge and is only a few minutes from both the put-in and take-out making last minute changes and logistics easy. After your river adventure, kick back, relax and enjoy a cold beverage or picnic on one of our decks overlooking the Alberton Gorge. It’s hard to beat the laid-back river atmosphere at Crystal Springs after an epic day on the river!
Lochsa season begins in early April, when the high mountain snow begins to melt and spring rains come to Lolo Pass. This free-flowing, truly wild river can vary in flow depending on many variables, and its levels are hard to predict. The “big water” levels are typically between mid-April and the end of May. The Lochsa has something to offer at all flows. It never disappoints! The Lochsa River is one of the best whitewater rafting trips in the US. It’s a designated Wild and Scenic river and has countless big water, Class IV rapids. Lochsa Falls, Grim Reaper, Bloody Mary, Jonsies, Termination, and Split Creek Rapids will surely keep all paddlers on their “A” game.
Give us a call and get ready for an adventure!
- Time on the water varies based on river levels, time of year.
- Age requirement is dependent on water levels, time of year you plan to book, and personal comfort level.
- Higher flows are between mid April through the end of May and changes may occur to reservations during this time.
- We only use top-notch equipment (AIRE boats made in Boise, ID).
- No experience is necessary.
- We offer a variety of riverside lunch options, catered by local restaurants that will satisfy any appetite.
- We are happy to honor a 10% discount for groups of 12 or more.
- If you are a Veteran or Active-Duty Service Member, as a thank you for your dedication and service, we also offer a 10% discount.
- You can always call us for special accommodations. We would love to hear your voice!
What You Bring
- Sturdy footwear (Chaco, Keen-style sandals, or old tennis shoes. Anything but flip-flops!)
- Quick-drying or breathable clothing (no cotton!)
- Dry clothes for after
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for tip and merchandise
What We Provide
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Splash jacket