Whitewater Rafting Missoula! If your looking for whitewater rafting in Missoula, Montana, raft with Zoo Town Surfers. ZTS gets you into some of the best whitewater rafting Missoula, Montana and Idaho has to offer. Here at Zoo Town Surfers we offer custom trips large and small, matched to your group’s preferences and sense of adventure. Our professional guides focus on the details, giving you the personalized attention you deserve and expect from a local company. We are a family of dedicated river enthusiasts whose goal is to share our love of wild river and beautiful places with our guests.
The Alberton Gorge of the Clark Fork River offers the best whitewater rafting just 30 minutes west of Missoula, MT. In early spring, the Alberton Gorge is a big water river rafting trip. The Clark Fork River is the largest river by volume in Montana and it feels like it every spring. The gorge is lined with spectacular canyon walls, raptors, wildlife, and incredible whitewater rapids. The whitewater rafting on the Alberton Gorge is the best section of whitewater in Western Montana. Even in late August, the Alberton Gorge still provides plenty of excitement and splashy whitewater for folks looking for an adventure.
Our headquarters, Crystal Springs, overlooks the Alberton Gorge and is only a few minutes from both the put-in and take-out making last minute changes and logistics easy. After your river adventure, kick back, relax and enjoy a cold beverage or picnic on one of our decks overlooking the Alberton Gorge. It’s hard to beat the laid-back river atmosphere at Crystal Springs!
Lochsa season begins in early April, when the high mountain snow begins to melt and spring rains come to Lolo Pass. This free-flowing, truly wild river can vary in flow depending on many variables, and its levels are hard to predict. The “big water” levels are typically between mid-April and the end of May. The Lochsa has something to offer at all flows. It never disappoints! The Lochsa River is one of the best whitewater rafting trips in the US.
Give us a call and get ready for an adventure!
- Our time on the water depends on water levels, but usually lasts between 2 and 4 hours.
- Though our age requirement depends on water levels, usually 6 is minimum.
- Higher flows are between mid April through the end of May.
- We only use top-notch equipment.
- No experience is necessary.
- On each Full-Day trip, we prepare a delicious riverside lunch.
- In general, the bigger the group, the bigger your discount! Book 11 or more people, and we’ll take 10% off. We also offer 10% discounts for all veterans and active service members.
What You Bring
- Sturdy footwear (Chaco, Keen-style sandals, or old tennis shoes. Anything but flip-flops!)
- Quick-drying or breathable clothing (no cotton!)
- Dry clothes for after
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for tip and merchandise
What We Provide
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Splash jacket