Scenic raft trips are spectacular if you are looking for sightseeing, wildlife viewing, or just pure relaxation. Both the Blackfoot and Clark Fork Rivers have a variety of options great for all ages and ability levels. The confluence of three world-class rivers in the Missoula Valley affords us a variety of spectacular floating options right in our backyard.
Our “Historic Town Float” trip begins upstream from Missoula, and the Clark Fork River winds it’s way through Hellgate Canyon. Just below Hellgate Canyon is the beautiful University of Montana campus and the legendary rapids of Brennan’s Wave. There are several other sections of the Clark Fork that we float as well here in Missoula such as Kona to Harpers or Kelly Island depending on river levels. All of our Missoula rafting floats are a great introduction to rafting and are ideal for families with young kids, or anyone who wants to spend a quick couple of hours enjoying the river.
The Blackfoot River, like the Bitterroot and Clark Fork Rivers, is one of the local Missoula Montana favorites. The Blackfoot, made famous by Norman Maclean’s “A River Runs Through It”, has a lot to offer with its scenic rocky canyons, abundant wildlife, playful but gentle rapids, and long historic past. This river has been a “trail to the buffalo” for many Native American tribes and was a favorite spot to several of the members of the Lewis and Clark Expedition…The Blackfoot River has much to offer with it’s scenic rocky canyons, abundant wildlife, playful but gentle rapids, and long historic past. Just 10 minutes east of Missoula, this is a great rafting trip for the family or someone wanting a nice float that is not too far from Missoula. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the Blackfoot River!
We specialize in scenic raft trips — leisurely float trips — which allow us to work with our guests or group to create the river experience you are looking for—suited to your pace, sense of adventure, interests, or group. Our prices vary according to the trip desired – call us to discuss details!
- Once the water level drops after spring run-off (usually after June, all Missoula town floats are great for kids under 5!
- Our town float sections are 4 miles long at most, meaning just 1.5 or 2 hours on the water.
- Your feet will get wet, but other than that you’ll stay mostly dry!
- On our Hellgate Canyon float, you have the option to splash through Brennan’s Wave in the heart of downtown Missoula!
- Paddling is not required, making our town floats a super relaxing trip option.
- All ages and ability levels will enjoy our Missoula town floats.
- We’ll outfit your float with cold beverages and delicious snacks – just ask! (Additional fees apply for catering on town floats.)
- In general, the bigger the group, the bigger your discount! Book 11 or more people, and we’ll take 10% off. We also offer 10% discounts for all veterans and active service members.
- The Blackfoot offers boaters numerous options for floating varied sections of the river…over 50 miles of floatable water!
- We prepare delicious riverside lunches made from scratch!
What You Bring
- Sturdy footwear (Chaco, Keen-style sandals, or old tennis shoes. Anything but flip-flops!)
- Quick-drying or breathable clothing (no cotton!)
- Dry clothes for after
- Reusable water bottle
- Extra cash for tip and merchandise
What We Provide
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Splash jacket