Child (12 and under): $45-$50/person
The confluence of three world-class rivers in the Missoula Valley affords us a variety of spectacular floating options right in our backyard. All of our Missoula town floats are a great introduction to rafting, and are ideal for families with young kids, or anyone who wants to spend a quick couple of hours enjoying the river.
Hellgate Canyon Float: This is our classic summertime town float! You’ll cruise through dramatic Hellgate Canyon and past the University of Montana, and on down through vibrant downtown Missoula. When you pass through Brennan’s Wave, there’s a good chance you’ll see a flock of colorful local kayakers and river surfers – always excellent entertainment!
Milltown to Downtown Float: This float allows you to experience two Montana rivers in one day! We’ll put-in on the Blackfoot above historical Milltown, then cruise through the confluence with the Clark Fork River. We’ll pass the site of the old Milltown Dam, through East Missoula, and on toward the bustle of downtown Missoula proper.
Kona to Harper’s Float: For this gem of a float we’ll put in a few miles west of Missoula. This is our most serene floating option, where you’ll enjoy abundant scenery on a stretch of river known for its tranquility, swimming options, and birdwatching.
- Once the water level drops after spring run-off (usually after June),, all Missoula town floats are great for kids under 5!
- Our town float sections are 4 miles long at most, meaning just 1.5 or 2 hours on the water.
- Your feet will get wet, but other than that you’ll stay mostly dry!
- On our Hellgate Canyon float, you have the option to splash through Brennan’s Wave in the heart of downtown Missoula!
- Paddling is not required, making our town floats a super relaxing trip option.
- All ages and ability levels will enjoy our Missoula town floats.
- We’ll outfit your float with cold beverages and delicious snacks – just ask! (Additional fees apply for catering on town floats.)
What You Bring
- Sturdy footwear (Chaco, Keen-style sandals, or old tennis shoes. Anything but flip-flops!)
- Quick-drying or breathable clothing (No cotton!)
- Dry clothes for after
- Reusable water bottle
- Hat with a brim
- Extra cash for tip and merchandise
What We Provide
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Wetsuit (if needed)
- Splash jacket
- Booties (if needed)