Generally speaking, river folks are easy to please. The staff at ZTS created a list of some of our favorites that are easy on the wallet. Here you go…..
Dirtbags who still sleep in a tent: Under $25
- Gas Card: Any amount is awesome. Can use anytime, anyplace.
- American Whitewater Membership: Founded in 1954, American Whitewater is a national non-profit organization with a mission “to conserve and restore America’s whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities to enjoy them safely.” Enough said.
- Black Diamond Moji Light: Great light to throw in your weekend bag or keep in your vehicle, if you have one.
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter: Throw it in your boat, personal dry bag, or PFD
- Rite in the Rain Waterproof Note Pad:These handy pads fit in your PFD or lap bag and you can jot down random thoughts, items for your next trip, or personal reminders, the list goes on. If you are a guide these pads are a great tool for remembering your passengers names to earn that big tip!
Dirtbags who own a Sprinter van: Broad but still economical options
- MiiR Camp Cup:A super versatile cup. Durable construction and handle so you can clip to PFD or raft.
- Watershed Ocoee Dry Bag: The best dry bag on the planet. Easily fits in the stern of a kayak and your lap as well. Multiple attachment points make it easy to secure to a raft as well.
- Hydro Flask Water Bottle: Nothing like having an ice cold beverage on a really hot day. Just make sure you strap that bottle in!
- Kokatat Outercore Habanero Liner: Giving the gift of warmth is a river runners dream. Our Lochsa guides raved about this layer. It has an awesome rear zipper as well.
- NRS ClampIT Drink Holder: Can attach to any raft frame. Great way to secure your beverage while both hands are on the oars.
- AIRE Thwart Handle: Great handles for folks (especially kids) who feel like they need to hold onto something besides their paddle. Also gives you something to grab onto when you are trying to climb back into the boat. The handles also come equipped with “D” rings to tie in those expensive water bottles!